sabato 14 giugno 2014

A chocolate's day in London - Un giorno di Cioccolato a Londra


London: a Chocolate's day tasting with Pablo Spaull handmade raw-chocolate
Here we are! I'm not so constant as before to share new recipes and hope you can forgive me my dear followers. So much things happening in this wonderful city, two months ago I had a chance to visit the Chocolate festival in London, to try such delicious different types of choocolate. Loved to get lost in so many chocolate's stands and discovered new brands. I have so many things to learn, the inspiration can be everywhere if we are ready to see it. I will start soon with some chocolate tasting courses, as it was in my dreams to do it since when I was 14 years old or maybe less. I was crazy for chocolate since very young and finally it's time to improve my knowledge about this. So excited to start. Started recently to taste such a good chocolate like Maison du Chocolat, William Curley, Valrona, Amedei. I noticed how my taste has been changed on these last years, If I eat chocolate it has to be a good one. I remember my past, I used to eat whole  milk chocolate bars which the quantity of sugar was more than the chocolate or cocoa. Now the second step will be to start to reconize the origin of chocolate, different flavours as a sommelier does with a good wine. Will be an amazing exercise for me and I look forward to start it. Chocolate festival made me discover Seventy% and amazing chocolatier as Paul A.Young, meet Pablo Spaull and try his absolutely delicious chocolate. I had a chance to talk with him and he introduce me to the raw chocolate World's. My favourite one it was the 72%, well balance in sugar and not too much bitter. Really raccomand you to check it out and try it! It will definetly change your way to taste the chocolate. Look forward for the next Chocolate festival on December 2014.

 That's was the delicious Pablo Spaull's chocolate bar that I instantly finished when I came back home! Cacao from Peru, handmade in Wales. 
Ingredients:
Criollo Raw Cacao Beans
Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
Organic Cacao Butter
I also had a chance to try so many different chocolate brownies and pralines. The intresting combination for me it was the one white chocolate and basil and also the one with saffron, cardamom, pistachio and fennel, even if I'm not so fun of white chocolate, but they were so delicious! I do normally prefer a dark chocolate or a good milk chocolate with not too much sugar.
Enjoy the pictures and stay tuned for next recipes.

with love,
Virginia 

3 commenti:

  1. I see now what you were doing in past few months! ehehe
    I'm happy you started to understand more about chocolate, since it was one of you're biggest interests and I trust you will tell me a lot about it next time we meet ^_^
    until then, keep going and please continue to write posts, they're so interesting!

    RispondiElimina
  2. quante cose golose! Un abbraccio SILVIA

    RispondiElimina
  3. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... buonissime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    RispondiElimina